Learn about our post-pandemic wellness practices.
Read More


How do I go about getting services from Thrive?

For Community Living Services Programs, referrals are made through Community Living British Columbia (CLBC). For the Family Development Program, referrals are made by the Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD.) For the Mental Health Outreach Program, self-referrals can be made directly.
And youth between the ages of 15-25 can make a self-referral to the Rise Up Youth Employment Program.

What programs are included in Community Living Services?

Programs include, Community Inclusion Day Programs, Supported Independent Living, Group and Individualized Programs and Employment Services.

Where do you provide services?

Dependent on the program, our services include on site, in home and community-based activities.

Is there a waitlist and how long do I have to wait?

It is not uncommon for there to be waitlists for our programs. Please call the program you are interested in directly and ask to speak to the program manager to inquire for more details.

How much does it cost?

There is no cost for any of Thrive’s programs.

Can I get other services while I am with you?

Yes, most often being involved with Thrive does not exclude you from other services. However, it will be best to talk to your Thrive worker to figure out a plan that meets your needs for support and to ensure there is no duplication of services.

Where else in the area can I get help for Mental Health Services?

The Thrive Mental Health Outreach Team (MHOT) specifically targets mental health issues present in children and youth. The intended role is to support caregivers, children and youth to reach an increased level of stability and mental wellness in the home. Check out our resources page for more information on other Mental Health Services in the community.

Can I utilize supervised access in the Family Development Program without a Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD) referral?

At this time there must be an MCFD referral.

How do I make a child protection report?

If you think a child or youth under 19 years of age is being abused or neglected, you have the legal duty to report your concern to a child welfare worker. Phone 1 800 663-9122 at any time of the day or night. If you are a child or a youth and would like to talk to someone, call the Helpline for Children at 310-1234.

Thrive acknowledges that we live, work and play on the Traditional Territory of the Lək̓ʷəŋən speaking peoples. It recognizes the First Nations governments across this region — Lək̓ʷəŋən (Songhees) and Xwsepsum (Esquimalt) Nations in the core area, the W̱SÁNEĆ Nations {W̱JOȽEȽP (Tsartlip), BOḰEĆEN (Pauquachin), SȾÁUTW̱,(Tsawout) W̱SIKEM (Tseycum)} out on the Saanich Peninsula and Gulf Islands, to the west Sc'ianew (Beecher Bay), T’Sou-ke, and Pacheedaht, and MÁLEXEȽ (Malahat) and Pune’laxutth’ (Penelekut) Nations.

Statement of Reconciliation
Charitable Registration Number: 810569277 RR 0001

© 2023 Thrive Social Services. All rights reserved.

linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram